The MT's Guide to MS Word 3rd Edition
and Stedman’s have teamed up to bring you the absolute best
reference for medical transcriptionists using MS Word! Based on
extensive feedback from MT's, The Guide includes more of
what you need to maximize productivity and accuracy.
About The Guide
The Medical Transcriptionist's Guide to MS Word was
written just for you—a medical transcriptionist—with your needs
in mind. The manual is a step-by-step approach to applying
Word to your daily routine with sample formats, specific
examples, and plain-English instructions. Over 70 full-color
screen shots and color-coded instructions make the book easy to
read, easy to use. The book focuses on keyboarding skills,
shortcuts, templates and macros to help you produce more lines
in less time. This edition covers Word 97, 2000 and 2002
(XP). Although Word 2003 is not specifically mentioned,
the tools and methods are still very applicable to Word 2003.
Click here to read product reviews.
The Third Edition includes:
- FREE CD-ROM with over 2 hours of audiovisual tutorials
including a “tour” of Windows & Word, and demonstrations of
techniques covered in the book
- Tear-away quick reference card with helpful shortcut
keys in Windows and Word
- Extensive explanations and troubleshooting information
on formatting, numbered lists, SOAP formats and other common
formats used in transcription, as well as headers and
- A plain-English glossary of Windows terms, shortcuts,
file management techniques, and over 100 shortcut keys so
your hands stay on the keyboard, not the mouse!
- Sample projects and ideas for using AutoText,
AutoCorrect and Macros.
- Extensive keyword index and FAQ index.
"I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years. I have had
this book for only 4 days and it has paid for itself
already. This is a must have, especially if you are planning
on going home to work. Unbelievable. Worth every penny." -
With concise, easy-to-follow directions, you will….
- Take control of numbered lists
- Format indents, hanging indents, and right-aligned dates
with a single shortcut key
- Create macros for editing, creating and saving documents
with a single shortcut key
- Learn how to capitalize sentences following a sentence
ending in a digit
- Create your own shortcut keys
- Reduce keystrokes with shortcuts and macros
- Change settings and options to better suit your needs
- Avoid common frustrations and time-consuming problems
- Learn how to back up, share or move macros, shortcuts
and templates to a new PC
...and much more!
There are lots of books about using Word. Why should I buy
Because this book addresses the unique needs of a
transcriptionist. With specific examples, easy-to-follow
directions, troubleshooting advice, FAQ index, and MTips, you
will find your answers quickly and easily. Have you ever
How to move your AutoCorrect entries to
the new PC?
Why inserting an AutoCorrect entry
inserted a hard return?
If you can print your AutoCorrect list?
Why the font keeps reverting back to
Times New Roman?
How to disable automatic features?
How to reveal codes?
How to automatically format terms like
H20 and mg/mm2?
Is this a book for beginners?
The book was not written to address any particular skill
level. The basics as well as advanced features are included. It
is designed to show you how to apply Word to your daily routine.
Match the ideas and suggestions to your own skill level. Those
new to Word will find the specific help they need, and veterans
are sure to find new and clever ideas.
Order your copy today and make Microsoft Word work for
For free templates, tips, and articles, click
here for the "Make It Your Own" page at
$49.99 with FREE CD
Click here for